This stir fry is packed full of vitamin C-rich produce like bell peppers, broccoli, and baby bok choy. Make it this weekend as a tribute to Linus Pauling and his amazing work with vitamin C and cardiovascular health.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 bunches baby bok choy
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (any variety)
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Throw the broccoli, bell pepper, & mushrooms in a wok over medium heat and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Cook for about 7 minutes or until lightly softened.
- Add in the bok choy, onion, garlic, & ginger, as well as the rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt & pepper.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes until softened to your liking and lightly browned.
- Serve as a side dish or a main course with quinoa, black or brown rice, etc. Enjoy!