Satisfy your insatiable craving for pizza with this gluten-free variation. The crust can be made ahead of time and frozen to facilitate faster prep. Notable nutrition tidbit: jalapenos may help burn belly fat! That’s thanks to their secret ingredient, capsaicin, an energizing compound believed to boost metabolism. Garlic, Turmeric, and Cayenne supply distinctive flavor with potent detox support. Mozzarella, basil, olives, and tomatoes add a traditional Italian flare.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Crust rise time: 90 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 0.25-oz. pkg. active dry yeast (2¼ tsp.)
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- ¾ cups tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for hands and pan
- Stir yeast, flaxseed meal, and sugar into 1 cup warm water. Let stand 10 minutes, or until liquid is cloudy.
- Whisk together tapioca starch, rice flours, xanthan gum, and salt in large bowl. Stir yeast mixture into flour mixture until soft dough begins to form, then stir in oil.
- Coat 13-inch round pizza pan with oil. Coat hands with oil. Gently press and shape dough by hand to fit prepared pan. Set dough aside in warm place to rise 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake pizza crust 15 to 20 minutes, or until just golden brown.
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 oz fresh basil
- ½ cup olives, pitted
- ½ cup tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1/8 cup jalapeno peppers
- 1 ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- Add toppings to crust, return it to the oven, and bake another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt or toppings turn golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil and voila! You have a delicious gluten-free pizza.