Basil Shrimp Pesto & Dinner 20 Minutes!
Posted May 15, 2016
Sometimes the simple pleasures are all we need in life. This simple Mediterranean pasta dish makes for a delightful dinner. Basil is a good source of vitamin K, manganese, copper, and vitamin A. While olive oil provides ample antioxidants and vitamin E. Shrimp contains protein, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb shrimp
- ¾ lb gluten-free pasta
- Butter as needed
- Boil pasta until al dente following package directions.
- Steam or boil shrimp until soft. Careful not to cook too long as the shrimp will get rubbery. It should only take about 5 minutes.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining oil and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese, pasta, and shrimp.