Blueberry Granola Cereal
Posted May 1, 2016
This homemade cereal mix provides all the comfort of a nice bowl of cereal while jumpstarting your day with abundant nutrition. Rolled oats provide essential dietary fiber, specifically beta glucan, which supports digestion and balanced blood lipid levels. Coconut, almonds, and walnuts provide healthy fats and satiety. Cinnamon supports already healthy blood sugar levels. Honey sweetens the mix without adding too much sugar. Fresh blueberries provide even more fiber with a generous helping of antioxidants.
Makes 3 ½ cups
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup chopped pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup local raw honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful fresh blueberries and strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, pepitas, almonds, walnuts, and chia seeds.
- In a small bowl, or liquid measuring cup, combine honey, coconut oil and applesauce. Microwave for about 20 seconds or until oil has melted. Add vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir.
- Spread granola onto a sprayed baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Store in an air tight container or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Add blueberries, strawberries, or other fresh fruit to granola and almond milk for a delicious fiber and antioxidant-rich cereal.