Cooler weather as we head into fall (the equinox is next week!) has us craving something warm and soothing, like this carrot-ginger soup! Packed with healing turmeric, ginger, and garlic, this recipe is the perfect way to celebrate the changing of seasons.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 pound carrots (about 4 large carrots), coarsely chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in the chopped onion and garlic and cook until softened but not browned.
- Add in the carrots, ginger, potato, turmeric, salt, pepper, and vegetable stock and increase the heat to high, bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Use a blender to puree the soup.
- Stir in lemon juice and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.