These savory gluten-free, protein-packed egg muffins (not to be confused with an Egg McMuffin – yikes) are a game changer if you’re bored with your usual breakfast routine. Plus, they’re quick and easy to make, have a great texture with crispy edges, & are paleo-friendly.
Of course, you can use any veggies you like, but here’s one of our favorite combinations:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped and squeezed to remove excess juice
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the chopped pepper and cherry tomatoes in a sauté pan with the olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add in the spinach, chives, garlic, & salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and extra egg whites in a large bowl.
- Dump the sautéed veggies into the whisked eggs and mix until well combined.
- Grease a muffin tin with olive oil and pour the batter into the muffin tin, leaving about 1/4 inch of space at the top of each muffin.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until the muffins puff up and are slightly browned at the edges.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and then serve with your favorite salsa, hot sauce, or some chopped fresh herbs. Enjoy!