Five Amazing Benefits of Proper Hydration
Need some extra encouragement to down a few extra glasses of water every day? Here are five reasons why you should drink more water:
- Increases Energy & Fuels Biological Functions – Our brains rely on water to fuel focus, thought, and all other cognitive functions. Additionally, exercise causes your muscles to lose water and become fatigued more quickly. Water helps you stay alert and refreshed both physically and mentally, while dehydration is an under-recognized deficiency that makes you tired.
- Promotes Weight Loss – Water is thought of as a natural appetite suppressant because it may reduce cravings when you drink a tall glass of water before a meal. Humans often confuse thirst signals as hunger pains, so it’s important to listen to what your body is actually telling you. High water intake is also thought to help rev up the metabolism!
- Flushes Out Toxins to Help Improve Skin, Kidney & Immune Function – Water helps the body get rid of toxins through sweat and urination, which reduces the risk of developing blemishes, as well as kidney stones and urinary tract infections. At the onset of a cold, drink extra water to help flush out the junk your body is fighting!
- Helps Maintain Digestive Comfort – When the body is dehydrated, your stools become difficult to pass, which in turn fouls up your digestive tract. It’s important to nourish the colon with fluids to keep things running smoothly. Plus, replacing sugary drinks with water can help reduce bloating as well!
- Prevents Cramps, Sprains, & Aches – Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic to prevent injury or other causes of pain. Headache pain is often caused by dehydration as well, so drink up to ward off the ouchies!