- 2 cups gluten-free flour (check out our guide here)
- 1/2 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes or flax seed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup organic light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 2 tsp bourbon
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup light coconut milk – as needed to get batter to a nice smooth consistency
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 12-muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, flax seed meal, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, and sugar
- Beat in the eggs, oil, and vanilla
- Add the coconut milk slowly until the batter resembles a smooth, thick cake batter. Stop adding once you’ve achieved the right consistency.
- Stir in the carrots, cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon the muffin batter into twelve lined muffin cups.
- Bake in the center of a pre-heated oven for about 22 minutes, until golden, domed, and firm to a light touch.
Makes 12-13 muffins.