Ok, so this recipe does have a bit of brown sugar in it, but it’s also 100% gluten-free and teeming with health-boosting spices like ginger and cinnamon. Get in the holiday spirit with these tasty gingerbread men!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 6 tblsp. butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine flours, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter until smooth, then add in the brown sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add in unsulfured molasses, egg, and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- With the mixer speed on low, gradually add in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough into two balls and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to one day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to shape your cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes until set but not browned, then remove from the oven and cool.