In many parts of the country, there’s a major heatwave going on right now that has us craving anything cool. But with an overgrowing garden that pretty much dictates what her family eats and when they eat it (no complaints here!), our marketing manager, Hillary, came up with a grilled vegetable salad recipe that takes care of cool cravings and uses up produce! Dressed with fresh herbs and creamy goat or feta cheese, this recipe fits right into a summer dream.
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 10 stalks), trimmed
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 zucchinis, cut into strips lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in half and deseeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the vegetables on a large tray and coat with the olive oil, basil, thyme, & parsley.
- Transfer to a pre-heated grill, and cook until tender and grill marks appear (about 10 minutes). Some of the vegetables will be done sooner than others, like zucchini, so be sure to take them off of the grill in batches as they are done.
- When all of the vegetables are done cooking, let them cool for about 10 minutes, then cut into roughly 1 x 1 inch cubes. Transfer them to large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing evenly over the roasted vegetables.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Top with goat cheese or feta cheese, add a little more chopped fresh basil, and serve!