Gluten-free oatmeal is a great way to start your morning with a fiber-packed punch that helps soothe the digestive system. This recipe boasts the added benefit of healing ginger, a botanical known for its ability to curb nausea, promote satiety, and support overall gut health.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 1/3 cup organic blueberries
- 1/2 a banana, sliced
- Place the oats in a saucepan with the water, almond milk, ginger, chia seeds, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Let the water come to a simmer on medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for a few minutes, until the oats have softened.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl before topping with blueberries, sliced bananas, and more cinnamon if desired.