It’s easy to make, tastes absolutely delicious, and supports cellular health, detox, and so much more!
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 5 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- A pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sauté the onions and celery with the olive oil in your soup pot over medium-low heat until lightly softened but not browned.
- Add garlic and turmeric and cook for another two minutes.
- Next, add the broccoli, chicken stock, ginger, and salt and pepper and give the soup a nice stir.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and let the soup come to a boil. When boiling, reduce heat back to medium-low, cover the soup, and let it sit for about 20-25 minutes (the broccoli should be soft).
- Take the soup off the heat and add in the avocado and lemon juice.
- Place the soup in a blender (or use an immersion blender) and mix until creamy.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley or a dash of grated parmesan!