This healthy roasted eggplant dip adapted from Food Network star Ina Garten‘s repertoire of tasty traditional European cooking recipes is perfect for serving with sliced veggies or gluten-free crackers/pita bread at your next social gathering. Plus, it’s simple, tasty, and oh-so-healthy.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, lemon, parsley, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl to a baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the veggies to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste, and pulse until blended but not over-mixed. You want the texture to remain thick and chunky.
- Serve with cut raw veggies, crackers, or pita chips!