Spice it up with this simple yet super flavorful curry recipe. Coconut adds a soft flavor to the broth while supplying lots of vitamin C, B6, iron, and magnesium. Ginger lends a citrus note and detoxifying benefits. While peas provide protein and fiber.
- 12 oz. light coconut milk
- 12 oz. coconut cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Thai red curry paste
- 1–2 tbsp. powdered ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 2–3 stalks lemon grass, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 large carrots, diced
- 24-oz. bag frozen peas
- 1 lb. firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 12–15 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- ½ cup rice noodles (optional)
- 1 cup sea vegetables (optional)
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut cream, and broth in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the curry paste, ginger, garlic, and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with steamed rice or as a soup.