- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen blueberries
- /2 cup light brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat the blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch or arrowroot well with the water, and pour mixture into the simmering blueberries while stirring. Cook, stirring, until mixture becomes clear and thick. Continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
- Spoon mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 1 package (approx. 1/3 pound) Schar gluten-free Graham crackers
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- Pulverize the Graham crackers in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well-blended.
- Press half of mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, firming it well.
- Cut remaining crust batter into strips and star shapes with a cookie cutter and lay on separate cookie sheet.
- Bake the crust, stars, and stripes in an oven heated to 350ºF for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add filling to crust, then lay stars and stripes on top.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.