Have a cookie exchange to attend but don’t want to ditch your healthy diet? Try this festive stevia-sweetened, gluten-free sugar cookie recipe flavored with almond extract and garnished with orange zest!
- 1 c.butter, softened
- 3 tblsp. powdered stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. liquid vanilla stevia
- 2½ c. gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, powdered stevia, vanilla extract, almond extract, and vanilla stevia together with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients with your mixer set on low speed.
- Portion the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, then let cool and garnish with orange zest.