With cooler temperatures come warmer cravings. This sweet potato, black bean, and turkey chili is packed with health-boosting spices like cumin and paprika (which is great if you’re following an Ayurvedic cleanse for fall!). Hearty and healthy, this dish goes great with a side of roasted broccoli and a mixed green salad.
- 3 cups lean ground turkey
- 1/2 a red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can black beans
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet or stock pot, cook the ground turkey over medium-high heat until slightly browned.
- Add in the onion and garlic and continue cooking until softened but not browned.
- Add the canned tomatoes, sweet potato, tomato sauce, black beans, water, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, bay leaf, and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaf, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve!